Time(s) - 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
Photo: Jee Su Kim – “Dock”
Joy and the Everyday
Juror: Jean Dykstra
Editor of Photograph Magazine
Summer Group Show
Annual Open Call in the Maloof Gallery
For this CFE we аre interested in seeing the ways in which you experience and capture the idea of joy through things that you see and do everyday. Perhaps it is an amazing view, a peaceful vista, a humorous street scene, or an extraordinary object or place that you cherish. Joy and the Everyday is defined as an emotion of great happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying – a source that sparks pure delight. As photographers, we have all captured moments that make us laugh, feel festive and elated. Sometimes joy comes from a feeling of love or something that we value greatly. We want to see photos that reflect Joy and make you happy when you look at them. Let’s spread a little Joy!
Ten images will be selected for awards* and will be installed as unframed prints in our Maloof Gallery. Thirty (30) additional images will be chosen and will also be on view in the gallery via video installation and on our website.
This CFE is open to both members and non-members and is offered on an annual basis in The Maloof Gallery.
The Maloof Gallery, named after long-time APG patron’s Ted and Gloria Maloof, supports four-six hybrid (digital and on the wall) exhibitions per year, with award* recipients of those exhibitions having their work on view as physical prints, on the wall, in the new gallery space and all of the selected artist’s work on view via video installation in the same space.
The awards* will include, Grand Prize, First Place, Second Place, Third Place and six Honorable Mentions. All awards will be selected by our esteemed Juror. The total print (paper) size for selected awarded artwork will be limited to 22” on the longest side, or less, but no framing or matting will be required. These prints will be installed using magnets. We can also recommend a local printing service, if that is needed.
*Please note that awards do not have any monetary value.
Editor of Photograph Magazine
Jean Dykstra is a photography critic and the editor of photograph magazine. She has contributed to The Brooklyn Rail, Art in America, and The New York Review of Books, among other publications. She’s written essays for numerous books, exhibition catalogues, and monographs, including Lili Almog: Betweenness (Kehrer Verlag), Vera Lutter: Fragments of Time Past (Gagosian), Running Falling Flying Floating Crawling (Saint Lucy Books), and A Trilogy: Jessica Backhaus (Kehrer Verlag).
photograph magazine – photographmag.com
CFE Dates: May 1– June 1
Early Submissions: May 1 – 15, 2023
Members: 2 works: $35, 4 works: $50, 6 works: $60, 8 works: $75
Non-Members: 2 works: $50, 4 works: $65, 6 works: $75, 8 works: $90
Regular Submissions: May 16, 2023 – June 1, 2023
Members: 2 images: $40, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
Non-Members: 2 images: $55, 4 images: $75, 6 images: $85, 8 images: $100
Members: 2 images: $30, 4 images: $45, 6 images: $55, 8 images: $70
Non-Members: 2 images: $45, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
Please note that submissions close on June 1, 2023 at 10PM, ET.
ALL WORK MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10PM, ET ON JUNE 1, 2023, OR THEY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.
Deadline For All Submissions: June 1, 2023, 10PM, ET.
Notifications of Selections: On or about June 12, 2023.
Selected Prints Due at the APG Gallery: June 24, 2023, 4PM, ET.
Exhibition Dates: June 26-July 31, 2023
Zoom Reception: TBD
HYBRID EXHIBITION GUIDELINES
- The juror will be selecting award recipients and video exhibition images from all entries.
- Grand Prize, First Place, Second Place, Third Place and six Honorable Mentions will be installed as prints in the gallery. Please note that awards do not have any momentary value.
- 30 additional images will be chosen for viewing in the gallery via video installation.
- The total print size for selected awarded artwork will be limited to 22”x17” or less, but no framing or matting will be required. These prints will be installed using magnets. We can also recommend a local printing service, if that is needed.
- Images included in the video installation will need to adhere to the specifications listed in the submissions file preparation section below.
- Award recipients and video exhibition images will be displayed in an Exhibition Viewing Room on the APG website
SUBMISSION FILE PREPARATION
(These Specifications are for Submission Uploads Only. Please see below for details on files to be printed for exhibition)
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to 2100 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the titles of each work exactly as you wish it to appear (example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to the file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media), Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max), and Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc.), and save this file as a Word doc or PDF.
- Once you have paid the Entry Fee, you will receive an email with a link to upload your files
Members receive a discount on submissions. Join or Renew Now!
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE: Once you get this link, you must be logged into the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- NON-MEMBERS do not need to be logged in to upload their work.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org
All submissions must be completed and uploaded by June 1, 2023 at 10PM ET
Early Submissions – May 1 – 15, 2023
Regular Submissions – May 16 – June 1, 2023
Student Submissions – May 1 – June 1, 2023