APG Solo Exhibition Series
Atlanta Photography Group (APG) is pleased to offer our members the opportunity for a solo exhibition.
Through our Solo Exhibition Series, artists of all experience levels have the opportunity to collaborate with APG’s staff to organize and present polished, curated exhibitions. The solo exhibitions will alternate with group exhibitions in APG’s Maloof Gallery. Each one showing for 4 weeks.
Artists will be selected from proposals submitted to our program. Once a proposal has been submitted, there is no need to submit again, unless your exhibition idea changes. Please note that submitting a proposal does not guarantee an exhibition.
QUALIFICATIONS, RESTRICTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
- All APG Members may submit proposals.
- At least 50% of work submitted for review must be from the last eight years (2016 or later).
- Solo and group exhibitions of lens-based work are welcome to apply. Group proposals can be for up to two artists.
- Exhibitions must be installed in under three days.
- Proposals should be made in consideration of the Maloof Gallery space. Visiting us before applying is strongly encouraged. Here’s a link to the floor plan and images of the most recent solo exhibition installation. https://shorturl.at/lprH4 The wall to the right when you walk through the door to the Maloof Gallery is 13’ long. The wall to the right of the door with the exit sign over it is 5’, the wall to the left of that door is 7’. The wall to the left of the back wall is 8’. The other 5 feet are occupied with the stairwell. The remaining wall is windows.
- Installation work is welcome but must be approved and installed by the artist
Many factors may influence the decisions for selecting proposals for exhibitions. This program intends to provide career development and experience for visual artists and to share high-quality and concept-driven exhibitions with our local community. A successful proposal considers our unique, multi-functional space and engages our audience visually and conceptually.
DOCUMENT #1: TEXT
Title your Text File: “LastName_FirstName_ExhibitionTitle_Proposal.pdf”.
- Describe the exhibition you are proposing. We suggest including a clear thesis statement in the beginning of the proposal to show how it presents a cohesive exhibition. Describe the proposed work including a timeline. Note if any portion of the project will be created on-site, and remember that the install must be completed in under 3 days.
- CV (One Page Max Per Person)
DOCUMENT #2: IMAGES
Title your Image File: “LastName_FirstName_ExhibitionTitle_Images.pdf”.
Total size of image file should be no more than 50MB.
- Create a Word document and put your images in the Word document.
- Maximum 20 images
- 1 image per page.
- Under each image, please list Artist, Title, Medium, Dimensions, Year
- For video/audio work: please include links for online streaming instead of still images
- Save Word Document as a PDF