Time(s) - 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
Photo: Jim Turner
Our Planet: Nature, Landscape and Conservation
For our Summer 2023 exhibition, the Atlanta Photography Group is partnering with The Smithsonian Magazine (smithsonianmag.com) to produce a member-based exhibition opportunity that will encourage people locally, regionally and nationally to do everything in their power to create a world where people and nature can thrive.
This CFE invites photo-based artists to submit work around nature, landscape, environmentalism, nature conservation, flora, fauna, nature-based documentary / Fine Art or work about animals/insects/reptiles/fish and their habitat.
Our esteemed juror for this exhibition will be Quentin Nardi, Chief Photo Editor, Smithsonian Magazine.
Chief Photo Editor
Ms. Nardi has 20 years of national magazine and editorial photo editing experience in both print and digital platforms, Nardi strives to foster and create engagement that coalesces editorial and brand consistency, thereby positively affecting staff efficiency and increasing organic web traffic. Prior to Smithsonian, Nardi spent nine years as a photo editor for Ski magazine and as director of photography for AARP, where she helped to redefine the visual direction of AARP The Magazine. Nardi earned a BFA in photography from the University of New Mexico.
About Smithsonian Magazine
Smithsonian magazine places a Smithsonian lens on the world, looking at the topics and subject matters researched, studied and exhibited by the Smithsonian Institution—science, history, art, popular culture and innovation—and chronicling them every day for our diverse readership.
CFE Dates: May 5 – June 11, 2023, 10pm ET
Early Submissions: May 5th – 22nd
2 works: $35, 4 works: $50, 6 works: $60, 8 works: $75
Regular Submissions: May 23rd – June 11th
2 images: $40, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
2 images: $30, 4 images: $45, 6 images: $55, 8 images: $70
* Selected work can be up to 36” on the longest side framed for the exhibition.
** Please note that submissions close on June 11, 2023 at 10PM, ET. ALL WORK MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10PM, ET ON June 11, 2023, OR THEY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.
Deadline For All Submissions: June 11, 2023, 10pm ET
Notifications of Selections: On or before, June 21, 2023
Deadline to Delivery Artwork to the APG Gallery: June 21- July 15, 2023 at 3pm
Exhibition Dates: July 17 – August 19, 2023
Opening Reception: TBD
SUBMISSION FILE PREPARATION
(These Specifications are for Submission Uploads Only. Please see below for details on files to be printed for exhibition)
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to 2100 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the titles of each work exactly as you wish it to appear (example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to the file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media), Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max), and Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), estimated Framed Size (H x W) Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc.), and save this file as a Word doc or PDF.
- Once you have paid the Entry Fee, you will receive an email with a link to upload your files
In order to submit your work you must be a current APG member. Join or Renew Now!
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- PLEASE NOTE: Once you receive the upload link, you must be logged into your account on the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org