Time(s) - 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
Submissions Closed Monday, January 2, 2023 at 10PM.
©Donna Garcia, Shots Magazine’s Fall 2021 Featured Artist
The Narrative Power of Black & White with Juror Elizabeth Flinsch, Independent Curator and Editor of Shots Magazine
The Atlanta Photography Group is excited to announce the official launch of The Maloof Gallery, a secondary exhibition space managed by APG.
The Maloof Gallery, named after long-time APG patron’s Ted and Gloria Maloof, will support six hybrid (digital and on the wall) exhibitions per year, with award recipients of those exhibitions having their work on view as physical prints, on the wall, in the new gallery space and all of the selected artist’s work on view via video installation in the same space.
The awards will include, Grand Prize, First Place, Second Place, Third Place and six Honorable Mentions. All awards will be selected by our esteemed Juror. The total print size for selected awarded artwork will be limited to 22”x17” or less, but no framing or matting will be required. These prints will be installed using magnets. We can also recommend a local printing service, if that is needed.
For this inaugural exhibition, we want to see your best Black & White images. All genres will be accepted. Ten images will be selected for awards* and will be installed as prints in the gallery and 30 additional images will be chosen and will be on view in the gallery via video installation and on our website.
*Please note that awards do not have any monetary value.
Independent Curator and Editor of Shots Magazine
Elizabeth Flinsch is an artist, curator, and the editor of SHOTS Magazine based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. SHOTS Magazine is an independent print journal of black and white photography founded in 1986. Over the past decade, Elizabeth has also led photography workshops, guided artists in designing and publishing photo books, and otherwise sought ways to revision her own relationship to photography. Elizabeth’s own artistic roots in traditional printmaking show up in her affinity for alternative photographic processes. She is deeply committed to her vision for the photography landscape as a more equitable realm for woman identified, queer, and BIPOC artists.
CFE Dates: December 5, 2022- January 2, 2023
Early Submissions: December 5 – 17, 2022
2 works: $35, 4 works: $50, 6 works: $60, 8 works: $75
Regular Submissions: December 18, 2022 – Jan 2, 2023
2 images: $40, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
2 images: $30, 4 images: $45, 6 images: $55, 8 images: $70
Deadline For All Submisions: January 2, 2023, 10PM
Notifications of Selections: On or about January 9, 2023
Selected Prints Due at the APG Gallery: January 20, 2023
Exhibition Dates: January 23 – February 28,, 2023
Opening Reception: TBD
HYBRID EXHIBITION GUIDELINES
- The juror will be selecting award recipients and video exhibition images from all entries.
- Grand Prize, First Place, Second Place, Third Place and six Honorable Mentions will be installed as prints in the gallery. Please note that awards do not have any momentary value.
- 30 additional images will be chosen for viewing in the gallery via video installation.
- The total print size for selected awarded artwork will be limited to 22”x17” or less, but no framing or matting will be required. These prints will be installed using magnets. We can also recommend a local printing service, if that is needed.
- Images included in the video installation will need to adhere to the specifications listed in the submissions file preparation section below.
- Award recipients and video exhibition images will be displayed in an Exhibition Viewing Room on the APG website
SUBMISSION FILE PREPARATION
(These Specifications are for Submission Uploads Only. Please see below for details on files to be printed for exhibition)
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to 2100 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the titles of each work exactly as you wish it to appear (example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to the file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media), Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max), and Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), estimated Framed Size (H x W) Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc.), and save this file as a Word doc or PDF.
- Once you have paid the Entry Fee, you will receive an email with a link to upload your files
In order to submit your work you must be a current APG member. Join or Renew Now!
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- Once you get this link, you must be logged into the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org