Time(s) - 12:00 am - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
APG > Airport Exhibition 2023
The Atlanta Photography Group (APG) is now taking entries for our annual open call (no theme) APG > Airport Exhibition. Juror Dr. Brian Piper, Freeman Family Curator of Photographs, Prints, and Drawings at the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA), will select 28 photographs to exhibit in the central atrium of the world’s busiest airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). ATL has an average of 275,000 visitors per day, making this an opportunity to have your photographs seen by literally millions of travelers from all over the world.
This exhibition will be featured in Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP) Festival Guide and work will be for sale – artists receive 60% commission.
Dr. Brian Piper
Freeman Family Curator of Photographs, Prints, and Drawings
New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)
Dr. Brian Piper is the Freeman Family Curator of Photographs, Prints, and Drawings at the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA), where he previously served as an Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Curatorial Fellow. He earned a BA in African American Studies from the University of Virginia and holds a PhD in American Studies from the College of William and Mary, completed with research support from the Smithsonian Institution and Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. He has previously served in curatorial and education roles at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and the Valentine Richmond History Center. At NOMA, his exhibition credits include You Are Here: A Brief History of Photography and Place, Picture Man: Portraits by Polo Silk and Called to the Camera: Black American Studio Photographers.
Photo: ©Roman Alokhin
CFE Dates: June 12 – August 14, 2023
All submissions must be made by August 14, 2023, 10PM ET
Early Entry: June 12 – June 30
(enter early and include a BONUS image)
3 works: $35, 4 works: $50, 6 works: $60, 8 works: $75
Regular Entry: July 1 – Aug 14
2 images: $40, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
Student Submissions: July 1 – Aug 14
2 images: $30, 4 images: $45, 6 images: $55, 8 images: $70
Deadline For All Entries: August 14, 2023, 10pm, ET
No submissions will be accepted after 10pm ET and if a member purchases an entry but does not upload their images by the deadline, they will not receive a refund.
Notifications of Selections: On or about August 21
Deadline to deliver sized digital image file to APG for them to Print: August 26, 2023
Deadline for Print Only Delivery (artist’s printing to specifications): September 1, 2023.
Exhibition Dates: Sept 2023 – Jan 2024
SUBMISSION FILE PREPARATION
(These Specifications are for Submission Uploads Only. Please see below for details on files to be printed for exhibition)
- Juror Dr. Brian Piper will be selecting exhibition images from all entries submitted by 10pm ET on August 14, 2023.
- PLEASE SEE THE SIZE INFORMATION IN THE SECTION BELOW (Airport Printing and Installation Details) – the size ratio of your images must be able to fit the final print size.
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to 2100 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the titles of each work exactly as you wish it to appear (example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to the file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media), Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max), and Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), estimated Framed Size (H x W) Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc.), and save this file as a Word doc or PDF.
- Once you have paid the Entry Fee, you will receive an email with a link to upload your files
In order to submit your work you must be a current APG member. Join or Renew Now!
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- Once you get this link, you must be logged into the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org
Airport Printing and Installation Details
- APG along with Hartsfield Jackson Airport will handle the framing and installing of the artwork.
- Artists can have work printed through APG Airport Print Services. In this case, artists will supply high-resolution digital images to APG, and pay a nominal fee for APG to produce a high-quality archival pigment print. (see details for more information).
- Artists can also provide their own prints. However, the prints MUST MEET THE AIRPORT’S PRINT SPECIFICATIONS, or they will not be included in the show.
PLEASE NOTE – For this exhibition ALL PRINTS (or FINAL IMAGE FILES submitted for APG printing) MUST meet these specifications:
- 20”×26” paper size and aspect ratio (paper only). The Airport uses their own frames, so if the specifications аre not correct the prints will not fit and the work will not be installed. APG has no control over this issue.
- All images must be printed with a WHITE border all the way around the image.
- The border must be a minimum of 1″ at the narrowest point, but can vary in size between top/bottom and left/right margins in order to maintain the aspect ratio of the actual image.
Details for Print Through APG
Printing fees through the APG Airport Printing Service are $38.00 for each print. An APG Airport Print Services link will be sent to all artists chosen by our Juror, Brian Piper. Artists will also be able to access a button at the bottom of this page, or use “Printing Services” the APG Shop Artists once exhibition selections to request and pay for APG Airport Exhibition Printing Services. Once paid for, artists will then receive a link to upload images to be printed through APG. The work will be printed by the same printer who has done the last three APG>Airport Shows for APG. After the exhibition the prints will be returned to the APG Gallery and you may pick them up. If they are left beyond 60-days they will become property of the gallery.
- The cost to print through APG is $38 for each print
- All images will be printed full image, no cropping.
- All images will have WHITE border around the image.
- The border will be approx. 1”, but will vary based on the size and aspect ratio of the actual image.
- APG Airport Print Services will accept JPEG images only.
- Image files need to be a minimum for 4,500px on the longest side
- and 300 dpi for printing.