Time(s) - 6:00 am - 11:59 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
Atlanta Photography Group (APG) invites photographers worldwide to enter images using any photographic process for our upcoming, juried exhibition, Portfolio 2022. This exhibition features strong, cohesive bodies of work.
Karen E. Haas, the Lane Senior Curator of Photographs at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA is our esteemed Juror for Portfolio 2022. Ms. Haas will select photographic works from up to eight artists for the exhibition. The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is the fifth largest museum in the country, and top 20 in the world.
All exhibiting artists will be eligible for the 2022 APG/ Museum Purchase Award of $2500, which is slated for placement into the High Museum’s permanent collection.
Juror’ Bio – Karen Haas
Karen E Haas has been the Lane Senior Curator of Photographs at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston since 2001, where she is responsible for a large collection of photographs by American modernists, Charles Sheeler, Edward Weston, Ansel Adams, and Imogen Cunningham. The Lane Collection numbers more than 6,000 prints and ranges across the entire history of western photography. Before coming to the MFA, she held various curatorial positions in Boston-area museums and private collections, including the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, the Boston University Art Gallery, and the Addison Gallery of American Art in Andover. She has a BA in Art History from Connecticut College; an MA in the History of Photography at Boston University; and has taught the history of photography at both Boston University and Boston College. Her MFA activities include exhibitions, such as Make Believe; Ansel Adams in Our Time; (un)expected families; Charles Sheeler from Doylestown to Detroit; Imogen Cunningham: In Focus; Gordon Parks: Back to Fort Scott; Edward Weston: Leaves of Grass; and Bruce Davidson: East 100th Street. She has recently completed a book on the early work of Edward Weston, and her other publications include An Enduring Vision: Photographs from the Lane Collection; Common Wealth: Art by African Americans in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Ansel Adams; and The Photography of Charles Sheeler: American Modernist.
APG/Museum Purchase Award
One artist will be selected, from those chosen by the juror for the exhibition, to receive the 2022 APG/ Museum Purchase Award of $2500. Each year, a museum curator reviews the exhibition and selects works from one artist for the Museum’s permanent collection. APG purchases the work and donates the pieces to the museum. The Portfolio 2022 purchase award is slated for the High Museum of Art.
High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art is home to the most significant photography program in the American Southeast. The Museum began acquiring photographs in the early 1970s, making it one of the earliest American art museums to commit to collecting the medium. Head Curator, Gregory Harris oversees the photography department, including related exhibitions and programs, as well as its collection of more than 7,000 works spanning the 1840s to the present. With strengths in American modernist and documentary traditions from the mid-20th century and a robust commitment to contemporary practice, the photography collection features a strong base of pictures related to the American South, which are situated within a global context that is both regionally relevant and internationally significant.
- Must be an APG member to enter. Join or renew now
- The entry must be a body of work consisting of 6 or more images with an Artist / Project Statement.
Timetable: (dates are tentative and subject to change)
- Accepting Entries: THRU – March 31st, 2022 @11:59pm (late entries will not be accepted)
- Judging: April 1, 2022 – April 23, 2022
- Photographic Artist Notification: On or about April 25, 2022
- Art Delivery Deadline: May 15, 2022
- Exhibition: May 18th, 2022 – June 18th, 2022
- Virtual Artist Talk / Opening Reception: June 2, 2022
Purchase Entry Fee
Early Entry: February 23 – March 7, 2022(discounted rate)
– $55 for 10 images or $75 for 20 images
Regular Entry: March 8 – March 21, 2022
– $65 for 10 images or $85 for 20 images
Late Entry: March 22 – March 31, 2022
– $75 for 10 images or $95 for 20 images
Student Entry: February 23 – March 31, 2022
Must include Student ID & Current Class Schedule, to be eligible
– $50 for 10 images or $70 for 20 images
All entrants must be current members of APG. If you are not a member, register to become an APG member, first. If you are uncertain, contact us at email@example.com.
FILE UPLOAD LINK will be in your payment confirmation email.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
READ ENTRY SPECIFICS BELOW.
If you аre chosen, your artwork should be framed in black or white gallery/museum quality frames (other options will be considered, but must be approved by APG), they may be up to 40” on the longest side. WIRE HANGERS ONLY. SAW TOOTH HANGERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE SENT BACK.
PORTFOLIO – ENTRY – INFORMATION
Prepare Text File and Images:
- Entries not meeting the following criteria will be disqualified.
- Jpeg files only. No borders. No watermarks or names on the image.
- Entries of either 10 or 20 images depending on which you choose.
- The exhibition will include up to 8 images from each of the selected artists, no matter how many are entered.
- Size to 2100 px on the longest side. Larger files will be disqualified.
Individual files only, do not upload a folder or zip folder.
- Work that is chosen can be up to 40” on the longest side framed.
- Images must be between 150-300dpi
How to resize digital image files:
- Rename files to the title of the work exactly as you wish it to appear (Example: My Great Photo.jpg). Your name will be automatically prepended (added) to each file upon upload.
- File names should be letters and numbers only, please only use _ or – as symbols, do not use any other symbols in file names.
- Create a text file with your – Word doc or PDF only :
- Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media),
- Artist Statement (500 words max),
- Bio (250 words max), and
- Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), estimated Framed Size (H x W) Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc),
- Save this file as a Word doc (.doc or .docx) or PDF, – .pages files are not accepted.
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- Once you get this link, you must be logged into the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org