Time(s) - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Christina Price Washington leads the NOVEMBER ONLINE Critique moderated by Beth Lilly
Christina Price Washington – Reviewers Bio
Christina Price Washington received a Master of Fine Art in photography in 2012 and a Master of Arts degree in art history in 2014 from the Ernest G Welch School of Art and Design, at Georgia State University. Her work has been featured in the High Museum of Art in Atlanta Underexposed: Women Photographers from The Collection; Slow Exposures, curated by Brett Abbott and Julian Cox––former curators of photography at the Paul J. Getty Museum; Rising Movers & Shakers of the Georgia Arts Scene at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Georgia; Art Basel Miami, FL. In 2016, she was selected to the Portfolio Show at the Atlanta Photography Group curated by Lisa Sutcliffe, curator of photography at the Milwaukee Art Museum; Works on Paper curated by Leslie Jones, Curator of Prints and Drawings at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA),
Her photographs are in the permanent collection of the High Museum of Art and private collections in the United States and in Europe. She lives and works in Atlanta where she teaches Photography at Oglethorpe University.
Beth Lilly – Moderators Bio
Beth Lilly is an artist, curator and arts educator. An exhibiting artist with work in major museum collections, the former executive director of APG and former photo editor for TV networks TNT & TBS, Lilly’s experience in the world of photography is both broad and deep. She will be a featured speaker at the Griffin Museum’s program “Chat Chat” on April 15. Her critically acclaimed performance/interactive project “The Oracle @ WiFi” was published by Kehrer Verlag in 2012. Her work resides in the permanent collections of the High Museum, the New Mexico Museum of Art, The Ogden Museum of Southern Art, the Zuckerman Museum of art and others. A Hambidge Fellow, she also received grants from Fulton County Arts Council and Society for Photographic Education. Lilly earned an MFA in Photography from Georgia State University and an A.B.J. in Telecommunication Arts from the University of Georgia. In addition to producing her own work, she currently serves on the Board at APG, teaches creative development classes is a sustainable urban homesteader in Clarkston Georgia.
Critique Group Guidelines
ONLINE for November 2021 – Read info and Register Above
Critique Group is for APG members only, but we welcome an exploratory visit by non-members.
If you’d like to present your work or just join us for this online version – registration is required.
- This ONLINE critique is limited to 12 photography reviews and up to 100 total participants.
- Preference for critique participation will go to current APG members.
- The Dropbox link to upload images will be sent to the first 12 photographers to register, with a wait list.
- Link to upload is usually sent about 24-48 hours before the scheduled critique.
- The ZOOM meeting link will be sent to all those registered.
- Critiques are timed so everyone gets equal consideration. No work? No problem, observing is just as valuable.
- Upload up to 10 images
- Jpegs only
- 72ppi and 1500 pixels on the long side
- Include ALL metadata
- Must be registered and accepted for presentation
- Deadline to Register for presenting work – Thursday, November 4th @ 11:59PM EST
- Deadline to upload images – Monday, November 8th @ 9:00AM EST