Time(s) - 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Photography Group
Abstraction: Envisioning a Different World
For this year’s concept exhibition APG is partnering with the Atlanta Contemporary to give you the inspiration to push the boundaries of photographic vision, and produce photographs that explore the idea of what’s real.
We encourage you to use the Atlanta Contemporary’s upcoming exhibition New Worlds: Georgia Women to Watch as a springboard to create work that moves beyond traditional ways of seeing photography.
We want to see work that creates abstraction whether through the use of color, form, composition, distortion, shadow, light, manipulated materials (montage or composite), or photo editing software, we want to see the world through your lens. This exhibition is an opportunity to envision a different world using your own unique photographic perspective.
Veronica (Kessenich) Hogan
Atlanta Contemporary, Atlanta, GA
As Executive Director, Veronica (Kessenich) Hogan stewards the mission and strategic plan of Atlanta Contemporary, guiding the artistic programming with an array of independent curators and program partners, and successfully leads the organization through the unprecedented years of COVID-19. Hogan joined Atlanta Contemporary in June 2013 and was appointed as Executive Director in July 2015. Hogan authored and executed the Capitalization Fund grant that underwrote Atlanta Contemporary’s transition to free admission which since implementation has seen a radical transformation in annual attendance.
Born and raised in Atlanta, Hogan received her Bachelor’s Degree from Saint Mary’s College (IN) and her Masters of Philosophy in Art History from St. Andrews University (Scotland). She has been active in the field of art as an art administrator, art historian, curator and consultant for over fifteen years. Beginning her career as Gallery Director at Atlanta’s prestigious Fay Gold Gallery, Hogan has worked as a lecturer at Agnes Scott College, the Savannah College of Art & Design – Atlanta, and the Art Institute of Atlanta. In recognition of her contributions to the arts, Hogan was named one of Atlanta’s 500 Most Powerful People (Atlanta Magazine, 2019), received the CCA Community Impact Award (Emory University, 2016) and was named one of Atlanta’s Women of Power (The Atlantan, 2015).
Website – atlantacontemporary.org
CFE Dates: January 9, – February 23, 2023
Early Submissions: January 9- 31, 2023
2 works: $35, 4 works: $50, 6 works: $60, 8 works: $75
Regular Submissions: February 1 – 23, 2023
2 images: $40, 4 images: $60, 6 images: $70, 8 images: $85
2 images: $30, 4 images: $45, 6 images: $55, 8 images: $70
Deadline For All Submissions: February 23, 2023, 10PM
Notifications of Selections: On or about February 28, 2023
Deadline to Delivery Artwork to the APG Gallery: April 5, 2023.
Exhibition Dates: April 10 – May 11
Opening Reception: TBD
SUBMISSION FILE PREPARATION
(These Specifications are for Submission Uploads Only. Please see below for details on files to be printed for exhibition)
- The juror will be selecting the images from all entries.
- Export images as .jpg. Resize to 2100 px on the longest side.
- Rename files to the titles of each work exactly as you wish it to appear (example: My Great Photo.jpg) Your name will be automatically prepended to the file upon upload.
- Create a text file with your Personal Info (name, email, phone, website/social media), Artist Statement (500 words max), Bio (250 words max), and Image list (in this order: Title, Year piece was created, Print/Image Size (H x W), estimated Framed Size (H x W) Medium (archival pigment print, inkjet print, silver gelatin, cyanotype, etc.), and save this file as a Word doc or PDF.
- Once you have paid the Entry Fee, you will receive an email with a link to upload your files
In order to submit your work you must be a current APG member. Join or Renew Now!
All entries must be completed ONLINE. Do NOT email any image files
- Complete Online Registration & Payment
- Upload Files to the Dropbox link found in the payment confirmation.
- Once you get this link, you must be logged into the website in order to successfully upload your work.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact – gallery@AtlantaPhotographyGroup.org